Wedding Receptions: Emcee Checklist
• Work with the couple in advance to arrange a sequence of events. This should be a written checklist with the emcee at all times during the event.
• Welcome guests as they arrive.
• Announce how the event will go including smoking policy, location of restrooms, etc.
• Make announcements pertaining to food service
• Make sure couple’s play list is adhered to by the musical entertainment
• Announce the couple’s first dance
• Call on the persons making speeches and giving toasts
• Call the guests’ attention to the cake-cutting ceremony
• Call the guests’ attention to the bouquet and garter toss.
• Signal the farewell at the party’s end.
Note: The disc jockey or band leader can be given some of the above tasks when the emcee is enjoying him or herself at the party.